Selasa, 16 Oktober 2012

bahasa inggris conversation


WAITER: Good Evening sir, welcome to our restaurant.
GUEST: Good Evening!
WAITER: Please be seated, I’m just bringing a glass of water for you.
GUEST: Thanks!
WAITER: What would you like to have sir ?
GUEST: What’s your specialty ?
WAITER: We are known for a delicious Chinese food.
GUEST: Please bring one plate Manchurian with Fried Rice.
WAITER: Kindly wait, your order will be delivered within 5-10 minutes.
GUEST: OK.
WAITER: (After Five Minutes) Here is your order sir.
GUEST: Please bring one Coke also.
WAITER: Yes sir.
GUEST: (After having the meal) The food was quite good and your service also.
WAITER: Thanks a lot!
GUEST: Please bring the bill.
WAITER: Here is the bill sir.
GUEST: This is your bill and tip also.
WAITER: Thank you, please do visit next time and have very wonderful night.
GUEST: I will.

k 2.
A - May I take your order?
B - Yes.  I'd like the chicken and a side order of corn.
A - And what would you like to drink?
B - I'd like a cup of coffee, please.
A - And what would you like to order?    
C - I'll take the spaghetti and a salad.
A - What would you like to drink?
C - Just water, please.
(after the meal)
A - Would you like something for dessert?
B - Yes, I'll have the cake, please.  Would you like something?
C - No thanks.  I'm full.
(after dessert)
B - Could we have the check, please?
A - Yes, here it is.
B - Hmmm.  $23.55.  Here you are.
A - Thank you.  Come again.
B - Thank you. Goodbye.
 k 3.


Read this dialogue
Waiter: Hello, Can I help you?
Kim: Yes, I'd like to have some lunch.
Waiter: Would you like a starter?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a bowl of chicken soup, please.
Waiter: And what would you like for a main course?
Kim: I'd like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a glass of Coke, please.
Waiter... After Kim has her lunch.: Can I bring you anything else?
Kim: No thank you. Just the bill.
Waiter: Certainly.
Kim:I don't have my glasses. How much is the lunch?
Waiter: That's $6.75.
Kim: Here you are. Thank you very much.
Waiter: You're welcome. Have a good day.
Kim: Thank you, the same to you.
k 4

Ordering lunch and dinner

What else do you recommend?

Waiter:Are you ready to order, sir?
Mr Ryefield:Yes. I´ll have the beef stew for starters and my wife would like tomato soup.
Waiter:One beef stew and one tomato soup. What would you like for the main course?
Mr Ryefield:I´ll have the Cayenne Pepper Steak and my wife would like the Fried Trout with mashed potatoes.
Waiter:I´m afraid the trout is off.
Mrs Ryefield:Oh dear. Err... What else do you recommend?
Waiter:The sole is very good.
Mrs Ryefield:OK. I´ll have that. Do you have any coleslaw?
Waiter:No, I´m sorry, we don´t.
Mrs Ryefield:Just give me a small mixed salad then.
Mr Ryefield:Same for me.
Waiter:Certainly. (...) Would you like something to drink?
Mr Ryefield:Yes, please. May I see the wine list?
Waiter:Certainly. Here you are.
(...)
Mr Ryefield:A bottle of Chablis ‘99, please.
Waiter:Excellent choice!



k 5

Conversations at a Restaurant

At the Restaurant

Waiter: Can I help you?
Lisa: A table for two please.
Waiter: This way.

Ordering

Waiter: Are you ready to order?
Lisa: Yes, we'll have the chicken with vegetables, and the vegetable pasta please.
Waiter: Anything to drink?
Lisa: Just some water please.

After the Meal

Waiter: Can I get you anything else? Coffee? Dessert?
Lisa: No, just the bill please.

Making a Reservation

Mike: I'd like to make a reservation for 2 people on Friday night.
Waiter: What time would you like?
Mike: 8:00.
Waiter: We don't have anything available at 8:00. Is 7:30 ok.
Mike: Yes, that's fine.
Waiter: Your name please?
Mike: Mike Smith.
Waiter: Ok, Mr Smith. We'll see you at 7:30 on Friday.
Mike: Thank you. Bye.
Waiter: Goodbye.

k k

Practical English – Ordering at a Restaurant

    
Learn English Speaking - Restaurant Conversation
Laura and Emily are going out for dinner
Listen to this dialog between Emily, Laura, and the waitress and practice repeating each phrase. The audio is real English at natural speed – so if you can understand it, you’ll be OK to order a meal in a restaurant in English!
Waitress: Good evening, are you ready to order?
Laura: Can you give us a few more minutes?
[...]
Emily: What are today’s specials?
Waitress: Today we have vegetarian lasagna, New York strip steak, and baked salmon with a creamy herb sauce.
Emily: That sounds good – I’ll have the salmon.
Waitress: That comes with a choice of rice, baked potato, or french fries.
Emily: Baked potato, please.
Waitress: And for you, ma’am?
Laura: I’ll have the grilled chicken and a small caesar salad.
Waitress: Anything to drink?
Laura: Two glasses of red wine, please.
Waitress: OK. I’ll be back with your drinks in a minute.
[...]
The waitress brings the food to the table.
Waitress: Here you go! Can I get you anything else?
Laura: Yes, could you bring us some ketchup?
Waitress: Sure!
[...]
Waitress: Would you like to see the dessert menu?
Emily: No, thanks. Could we have the check please?

Share and Enjoy


3 komentar:

  1. To get ride of the problem of rejection that you face while searching for a job or traveling a broad . convo website is here for you to regain your confidence . our website provide your online course to practice on speaking English fluently . so please visit our website
    English Conversation Practice online

    BalasHapus
  2. Free youtube videos - VCR - videodl.cc
    Watch a lot of youtube to mp3 converter samsung movies. You'll love the videos because we'll send you some free videos, too! All you need to do is paste them in your website.

    BalasHapus